Materials: hot dipped galvanized and PVC coated gabion.
Weaving Patterns: double twist
Process: galvanized before weaving; hot-dip zinc plating, heavily zinc coated, Galfan (Zn95Al5) or PVC coated.
Color: green, black, grey or other colors.
* Some advantages of gabion
* Ease of handling and transportation
* Speed of construction
* Flexibility (Gabions tolerate movement)
* Permeability to water (Good drainage)
* Gabions offer an easy-to-use method for decreasing water velocity and
* protecting slopes from erosion.
* Protect riverbed, riverbanks
1.Mass – gravity retaining walls
3.Re-inforced soil walls
4.Gab – clad walls – architectural wall cladding
6.River canal lining
7.River training structures
9.Dam embankment protection structures
10.Roadway culvert in or outlet structures
11.Low-level or Irish crossings
12.Longitudinal river structures
13.Biofilters (Sewage Plants)
14.Hydrochambers (Water storage)
15.Rockfall mesh netting